Thanks to an article link in a NY Times piece about the Barnes and Noble / Microsoft deal for Nook, I discovered Kickstarter.com. Of course, Heather already knew about it and when I sent the article I’d found to everyone, she replied with a related article and a blog-post featuring several library-related start-ups from this great crowd sourcing grant/investment site. Figures. ;-)
Anyway, interesting reading and I think these community grant/investment projects are awesome and I hope our libraries take the plunge.
- Microsoft to Take Stake in Nook Unit of Barnes & Noble (nytimes.com)
- B&N, Microsoft team up on Nook, college businesses (yahoo.com)
- Start-Ups Look to the Crowd (nytimes.com)
- The Henry Miller Library in Big Sur is building a new stage! (kickstarter.com)
- These Library Projects Got Funded! Why Not Fund Yours?! (pcsweeney.com)