Maybe you saw the lovely slideshow at the Kansas Library Express site? Heather and Carolyn figured out how to do that last night.
I wanted to see if that works on a wordpress.com site, so here’s my test with some garden pictures:
How I did it:
- Went to my Flickr account
- From my Photostream, I opened up certain pictures and clicked “Add to Set” and created a new Set called ‘Gardening’
- From my Photostream, I opened that Set by clicking on “Sets” and then selected “Gardening“
- Now, up in the right corner in gray text is a link called “Slideshow” – click that!
- OK, so this opens the slideshow in your Web browser, but I want to share this in a post on my WordPress blog, so click “Share“
- Now, you need to decide which method to use:
- For a wordpress.org or KLOW site, you will want to embed the HTML code into a Post using the HTML editor
- For a wordpress.com site, you can just paste the URL directly into the Visual Editor and the player will magically appear, just like with a YouTube video URL