Friday was spent recording and re-recording screencasts using neither Jing! nor Screentoaster.com, but Screencast-o-Matic.com. Then Saturday was spent in Manhattan getting ready for prom, watching K-State lose and my niece act in a school play. That left Sunday to procrastinate until about 10 pm, when I finally started my 23 Things Kansas Week 12: Screencasting module.
So, Screencast-o-matic beats out both Jing! and Screentoaster on a number of fronts, namely:
- Upload 10 minute videos to YouTube directly from the SOM site
- Set up an account with just an email and password
- Upload 15 minute videos to the SOM site
- Share links, download the movies, or go the YouTube route for easy embedding in WP
- Edit the Video! This is really cool – if you make a mistake, you can go back and re-record over that bit, or you can add more to the end. Until you click “done”, you can go back and make changes, additions and corrections.
- Completely Web based
- Uploads quickly – I think the files are a bit smaller than Jing!, too.
Ok, so I’m done repeating myself. Time for a staff meeting.